Terms of Service
At thesuperloop, ("thesuperloop," "we," "our" or "us"), our team works hard to provide a service via our website (thesuperloop.com) and mobile applications (the "Service" or "Services") to help users ("Users," "you," "your") find and share information about Toronto.
You can use thesuperloop to find photo, video and text-based information about Toronto, as well as other information, data and content ("Content") created by thesuperloop, thesuperloop users ("User Generated Content") or provided by third parties ("Third Party Content").
You can optionally create a thesuperloop account ("Your Account" or "Account") so that you can create, upload, and share Content about yourself (such as your profile information or profile picture) and about your experiences in Toronto ("Your Content").
By using the thesuperloop Services, including but not limited to visiting the thesuperloop websites or using the mobile applications, whether as a registered or unregistered user, you acknowledge that:
- You are over 13 years of age. (This Service is not targeted towards children under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13.)
- You have read and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE thesuperloop SERVICES. THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SET FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR USE OF THE thesuperloop SERVICES.
BY THE thesuperloop SERVICES IN ANY MANNER, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER TERMS.
IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF AN ENTITY, THEN YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO BIND SUCH ENTITY TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
If you do not agree to or are uncomfortable with these Terms of Service, please do not use the Service.
Using this service
- THE thesuperloop SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. PLEASE REVIEW ALL DISCLAIMERS BELOW.
- We reserve the right to modify, restrict access to or terminate the Service or any features of the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time.
- You understand that this is an online Service that requires data to be transferred to and from the thesuperloop servers and databases via your network connection in order to function.
- You are responsible for any fees charged by your internet service provider or mobile carrier for using these Services, including, but not limited to data transfer fees.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any networks you are using to access the thesuperloop Services are secure and will not hold thesuperloop responsible for any consequences of using the Service on an unsecure network.
- thesuperloop reserves the right to charge for certain features of the Service. Should thesuperloop do so and should you elect to subscribe to such features, you shall pay all applicable fees, as described on the Services in connection with such features.
- You will not use the thesuperloop Service in a manner inconsistent with its intended uses, including but not limited to using thesuperloop as a generic image hosting service or to serve assets.
- You hereby grant thesuperloop a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into the Service any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback that you provide to thesuperloop relating to the operation of the Service.
- BECAUSE thesuperloop RELIES ON USER GENERATED CONTENT AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT, CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND thesuperloop MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE APPROPRIATENESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, USEFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF ANY CONTENT. ANY USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- By using the Service, you agree that thesuperloop shall not be responsible for (1) any Content, (2) any person’s reliance on any such Content, whether or not correct, current and complete, or (3) the consequences of any action that you or any other person takes or fails to take based on any Content or otherwise as a result of your use of the Service.
- thesuperloop does not endorse and has no control over any User Generated Content. thesuperloop cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data which users may provide about themselves. thesuperloop has no obligation to monitor the Service, Content, or User Generated Content.
- Under no circumstances will thesuperloop be liable in any way for any Content or User Generated Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content or User Generated Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred in connection with use of or exposure to any Content or User Generated Content posted, emailed, accessed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. thesuperloop is not responsible for any data which is deleted (either intentionally or unintentionally) at the direction of any user.
- The Services may contain links to third party services or resources. When you access third party services, you do so at your own risk. These other services are not under thesuperloop’s control, and you acknowledge that thesuperloop is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such services or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by thesuperloop or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that thesuperloop shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
- You may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate. While thesuperloop does not endorse and reserves the right to remove such Content, you acknowledge that you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials.
- You may not use Content without written permission from thesuperloop or the original license holder. If thesuperloop grants permission to use any photos hosted on the Service, the following caption (or an agreed-upon alternative) must be placed directly adjacent to any such photos: "Photo by [thesuperloop User’s Display Name]. Used by permission from thesuperloop." Use of any thesuperloop images must not violate any of the terms and conditions found in our Terms of Service.
Restriction on use
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Service for any purpose that is prohibited by the Terms of Service. The Service (including, without limitation, any Content, or User Generated Content) is provided only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content on or through the Service, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk, spam or bulk e-mail (including without limitation any postings to third party social media Services which are linked to the Service);
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of thesuperloop or any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of thesuperloop.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by thesuperloop in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on thesuperloop’s (or its third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures thesuperloop may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service); or (iv) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Services.
You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any or all of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, provincial, national and international laws and regulations.
thesuperloop reserves the right to remove any Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if thesuperloop is concerned that you may have violated the Terms of Service), or for no reason at all.
thesuperloop has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that thesuperloop has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gains access to the Service; what Content you access via the Service; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release thesuperloop from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to third party services containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. thesuperloop makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services, and thesuperloop will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services.
THE SERVICE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT) IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. thesuperloop, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT: (A) THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; © THAT ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (D) THE INTEGRITY OR SECURITY OF ANY USER SUBMISSION OR OTHER DATA PROVIDED TO THE SERVICE; OR (E) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
thesuperloop MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SERVICES OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SERVICES.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless thesuperloop, its affiliates and each of its, and its affiliates employees, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to (i) your use or misuse of, or access to, the Services, Service, Content or otherwise from your User Generated Content, (ii) your violation of the Terms of Service, or (iii) infringement by you, or any third party using Your Account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. thesuperloop reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with thesuperloop in asserting any available defenses.
Limitation of liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL thesuperloop, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT) (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), (III) FOR YOUR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICE OR (IV) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) ONE-HUNDRED CANADIAN. DOLLARS ($100.00). SOME PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
International and non-Ontario use
thesuperloop makes no representation that the Content is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of Ontario, and accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where such Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Integration and severability
The Terms of Service are the entire agreement between you and thesuperloop with respect to the Service and use of the Services, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and thesuperloop with respect to the Services. If any provision of the Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms of Service will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
thesuperloop shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond thesuperloop’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation. The Terms of Service are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with thesuperloop’s prior written consent. thesuperloop may assign, transfer or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of the Terms of Service and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the Terms of Service, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys’ fees. All notices under the Terms of Service will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service.
Unless otherwise indicated, the Terms of Service and all Content provided by thesuperloop are copyright © 2020 thesuperloop All rights reserved.
Modifications to terms
thesuperloop reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend these Terms of Service from time to time. If we make material changes to these Terms of Service, we will notify you by delivering an announcement via our Service or Your Account email address. You are responsible for proactively checking for any changes. If you continue to use the Service after changes have been posted, you agree to be bound by the changes.
Question or concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about these terms of service, please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to address them.